Sources for Materials on Baptist Doctrine, Polity, and History
The following are organizations that have materials available on Baptist beliefs, polity, history, and organization. This website is intended to provide sources for further study on Baptists. However, it is not intended as an endorsement in any way of the following sources.
This is not a comprehensive listing of sources for information on Baptists but links from the websites of the organizations listed will provide access to many available sources.
The data in each listing is subject to change by that entity; if you discover data that needs correcting or updating please contact us.
For information on various Baptist groups in the United States, including addresses and websites, see the most recent edition of Mead, Frank and Samuel S. Hill. Handbook of Denominations in the United States. Nashville: Abingdon Press.
- American Baptist Historical Society
- 3001 Mercer University Dr.
Atlanta, Georgia 30341
A vast collection of Baptist documents, books, and materials with a focus on the American Baptist Churches-USA and its predecessors.
- BAPTISTWAY PRESS
- 333 North Washington
Dallas, Texas 75246
Contact for list of materials, such as books, Bible study materials, and Internet materials.
- This website was developed by the D.C. Baptist Convention in cooperation with Baylor University. Although dated and incomplete, it contains helpful information on Baptists.
- Baptist History and Heritage Society
- 151 Broadleaf Drive
Macon, Georgia 31210
Contact for catalogue of available books, pamphlets, and other resource materials.
- Baptist History Homepage
- Google Books has digitized many old Baptist books, magazines, and commentaries. You may view and search or download them.
- Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty
- 200 Maryland Ave. N. E.
Washington, D. C. 20002
Contact for materials on religious liberty and separation of church and state.
- Baptist Studies Center for Research
- Baylor University/Department of Religion
One Bear Place #97284
Waco, Texas 76798-7284
Provides opportunities for faculty and student research in Baptist studies and develops a repository of Baptist sources for those researching Baptist heritage. Helpful website with information on Baptist resources.
- Baptist Union of Great Britain
- Baptist House
P. O. Box 44
Oxfordshire\OX 11 8RT
01235 517715 (fax)
Information on Baptists in Great Britain.
- Baptist World Alliance
- 405 North Washington
Falls Church, Virginia 22046
Contact for materials and information about the Baptist World Alliance and about various Baptist groups throughout the world.
- Center for Baptist Heritage and Studies and the Virginia Baptist Historical Society
- P. O. Box 34
University of Richmond, Virginia 23173
www.baptistheritage.org and www.heritageseekers.org
Houses collection of early Baptist materials in America, sponsors conferences,produces materials on Baptist heritage and beliefs.
- International Association of Baptist Colleges and Universities
- 8120 Sawyer Brown Road
Nashville, Tennessee 37221-1410
Information on Baptist colleges, universities, Bible colleges, and seminaries, primarily located in the United States.
- Judson Press
- P. O. Box 851
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania 19482-0851
Contact for catalogue on resources on Baptists with a focus on American Baptists.
- LifeWay Christian Resources
- One LifeWay Plaza
Nashville, Tennessee 37234
Contact for information about books on Baptists with a focus on Southern Baptists.
- National Association of Free Will Baptists
- 5233 Mt. View Rd.
Antioch, Tennessee 37013-2306
Contact for information from a General Baptist or Free Will Baptists perspective.
- Partee Center for Baptist Historical Studies
- William Jewell College
500 College Hill
Liberty, Missouri 64068
Archival material available on Baptists, primarily focused on mid-America region.
- The Reformed Reader
A website with extensive materials on Baptists including a Baptist timeline and copies of Baptist confessional statements; emphasizes reformed theology.
- Southern Baptist Historical Library and Archives
- 90l Commerce Street
Nashville, Tennessee 37203-3630
Extensive collection of archival materials with a focus on Southern Baptists. Contains an extensive list of links to organizations and institutions with resources on Baptist.
- Texas Baptist Heritage Center
- 333 North Washington
Dallas, Texas 75246
Produces various materials on Baptist distinctives.
- The Baptist Historical Society of England
- 15 Fenhurst Gardens
Bristol BS18 9AU
Material on early Baptists in England as well as current information.
- The Baptist Standard Bearer, Inc.
- Number One Iron Oaks Drive
Paris, Arkansas 72855
Contact for catalogue or see website for listing of materials, including many reprints of out-of-print books on various subjects related to Baptist doctrine and polity.
- The Center for Baptist Studies
- 1400 Coleman Avenue
Macon, Georgia 31027
Produces an extensive amount of material on Baptist history, doctrine, and polity.